Flight Booking Sites Dating Sites Best Job Sites Education Sites
Hall of Fame

Top Companies Websites


Finance Websites


Hotels Websites


Top Industry Websites


Top World Websites


Bestindiansites


The Pioneers


For Grown-ups

Review of Amazon.com

Site Name

Amazon.com

Live Since

1994

Owned By

Amazon.com

USP

User friendly

Category

E-Commerce


Amazon.com has the reputation of being the most computer centric company in the world. It offers the largest array of products that customers want to buy online. According to Alexa, the website enjoys the #15th position in global ranking. Only 18% of its visitors access the site from the search engine. The rest 82% access the website directly. Amazon.com is ranked as high as at the #5th position in the USA and at 34th position in India. Each day visitors visit around 9.1 unique pages of the site.

The site is live since 1994 and a staggering 663,832 websites are linking back to Amazon.com.

Amazon.com, Inc. is a USA based multinational company which deals with electronic commerce. The company has its headquarters in Seattle, Washington. It is reputed of being the world's largest online retailer. It was started as a bookstore in 1995 but it soon diversified into offering other products too. Now it sales an array of electronic items, gadgets, DVDs, CDs, MP3 downloads, software, computer games, clothing, furnishings, food items, toys and so on and so forth. The company was founded by Jeff Bezos and was named after the mighty Amazon River, one of the longest rivers in the world.

Amazon today offers wide range of products from,
  • Books
  • Movies, Music & Games
  • Electronics & Computers
  • Home, Garden & Tools
  • Grocery, Health & Beauty
  • Toys, Kids & Baby
  • Clothing, Shoes & jewellery
  • Sports & Outdoors
  • Automotive & Industrials


To buy products from Amazon.com the customer has to register with the site. The registration process is simple. However, the services of the website aren’t yet available in India. Customers may check out the ‘help’ section of the website as it is really informative and deals with the most commonly asked questions by the customers, such as-
  • Shipping & Delivery
  • Changing or Canceling Orders
  • Returns and Refunds
  • Problem with an Order
  • Payment, Pricing & Promotions
  • Placing an Order
  • Promotions
  • Amazon MP3 Store & Cloud Player
  • Amazon Instant Video
  • Gifts, Gift Cards & Gift Registries
  • Privacy, Security & Accessibility
  • Selling at Amazon.com
  • Author, Publisher & Vendor Guides
  • Business Opportunities


Reviewed on 13th September 2011



©bestindiansites.com - All Rights Reserved
AcquWeb :93 S. Jackson St Ste 11155, Seattle, WA, US 98104, Tel: (206)299-4259
The site is designed and developed by Compare Infobase Limited